Wednesday 24 December 2014

Nyar Lang'o



Today would have been our anniversary
Yet, here I stand-  your adversary
Six months ago, you issued your travel advisory
Banning me from ever touring your stunning geography


Today, a year ago, I met you
You were the only thing beautiful about that sunny day,
You were the perfect Christmas gift; funny, simple, large, and warm


Today I was by your Facebook wall,
Hoping to climb in like I used to mount your window

You looked more enchanting than ever,
Ur lips sweet red as ever; 

I see you have remained loyal to your brand, 
Just the same way you've been disloyal to us

I wanted to like your Instagram photo
And comment just how radiant you looked,
But then I remembered I can’t; that I shouldn't....


I really miss you,
Everything reminds me of you; our rendezvous point, our juice place, our dark city spot............

So here's me just living my message here,

Hoping that somebody who knows somebody who knows my lang'o gal will tell you that I haven't forgotten how you made me feel

Here's me putting my faith in the gods

Here's me waiting for them to lead you to me once again....

Mzee Varaq


No comments:

Post a Comment