Thursday 19 November 2015

The Arena in my Body

 
 
 
 
That my station is at the kitchen,
That my niche is by the laundry basket,
That my place is by the maternity ward,
That I’m resigned to
 
That you can be so ungrateful
That when I go toil for you
That you sit by all day complaining
Adding to my frustrations
 
Toil? You that can’t even bring oil home,
You whose pockets are inaccessible like treasured lockets
Do you understand toil?
Toil is scrubbing the trousers you soil
After you spoil binging cheap liquor
 
Hush! You thankless being,
That does not recognize my sacrifices
You who continues to drain my strength and blood
You who has stripped the man in me
You deserve nothing but thrashing
 
You are just but a beast
With bloated ego like yeast
And ‘big’ brain the size of cyst
Go and fight like other men
And stop this omen
 
 
                                                        Duet By @GKaneyia  and @Varaq
 


 
 

2 comments:

  1. Emotional expression of raw feelings.
    I like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot thank Mr Benjamin service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 1,9% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : .  Lfdsloans@outlook.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks, Busarakham.

    ReplyDelete