Monday 9 November 2015

My neighbor has moved




















My neighbor has moved
Even the fury of El Nino couldn’t keep him grooved
He was seen literally fleeing to harm;
His thin mattress squeezed under his heavy arm

My neighbor was mean,
He swiftly changed lasses, the way I naughtily rushed my soap,
He couldn’t lend me even one for cuddles;
Even when they trooped in doubles,

My neighbor used to flaunt his Johnny Bravo box,
In just a towel, he used to step outside his door to stretch his muscles, like a cox surveying the docks,
The females in the plot could growl and stare with zest,
Yet with disdain and pity, greet my efforts to flaunt my bony chest

I heard the winds blew away his prized towel,
Leaving exposed his bottle-top-sized jewel
His surprise and shame, only serving to fuel the flame

Maybe I will sleep again tonight,
Absent his soprano wails and the pounding from his tormentors


Mzee Varaq

2 comments: