Wednesday 8 February 2012

Am I just paranoid?




You have grown cold and distant
Smiles today are like a necessary ritual
Texts infrequent like tsunamis
Or am just paranoid?

In my company your phone is ever off
It tags along even to the conveniences
A strong password barrier erected to keep off intruders when it’s left
Or am just paranoid?

You are gay all the time; no rough days at the office it seems
Your matrimonial house has grown deadening
Getting out of the enclosure is all you purpose
Or am I just paranoid?

The mirror is your new screen of choice
Your grooming increasingly pompous
New fragrances complement your exotic fibres
Or am I just paranoid?

Should I ask her?
Why? So that she can lie to my face?
So that she can manipulate and toy around with my intoxicated mind?
Why? So that she can confirm my paranoia?

No! I shan’t give you that privilege
The writing is on the wall
I shan’t overstay my welcome
I’ll just walk away with my paranoia

Robert Varaq
(My poems)

No comments:

Post a Comment