Thursday 1 September 2011

Dark light



On a pitch dark night
Under the heavy blanket of dark clouds
On a dark alley
With little provocation from too many a sip of wine

With no curious bystanders to instill fear of reproach
Decorum thrown to the wind
No dark thoughts to deter us
I found a willing partner or did  she find me?

On a dark ground
Away from the shining lights of the dark city
Our lips did brush
Lightly at first; but mad passion soon took over

I dint see your face; you dint see mine either
I dint catch your name, did you mine?
Methinks you dint offer it, could I be right?
The well defined contours of your body is all my hands remember




In the dark conduct, I found light
In my moment of weakness, I found a gem
In my moment of failure I found success
In my moment of insanity, I found rational

It’s not the sweet singing of the birds that woke me
It’s not the first rays of the sun hitting against my skin either
It wasn’t the cold breeze that was sweeping either
It was the realization that you were gone

Instead of your soft skin against mine
Instead of a charming smile to begin my day
Instead of the promise of a grander tomorrow
There lay a hopeless man

I don’t know if all ever see you again
Don’t even know where to look for you
Don’t know if it happened
or if it’s just the fervent dreams of a desperate man

One thing I do know though
Is that you exist
That though I know nothing about you
I know enough to want you in my life for life



Am not always like that
I won’t judge you either
Just let me see you one more time
To quench the flame in my heart


Robert Varaq Aseda
oukoaseda@gmail.com
(My poems)

No comments:

Post a Comment