Tuesday 7 April 2015

GUEST POST: Why Do I still Love You?



Editor's Note:

So Adesh was here. With a deep poem for some random guy.

I just hope she's stroking her creative side and not actually being romantic. 


Why Do I still Love You?


By Adesh



The relationship lasted barely a year
I long for those days when you would walk me home in the evenings, calling me all the doll names

Who didn’t know I was taken?

Fighting with mama, as I thought she was being mean
Sunday afternoons were our me-you times
The laughers stopped pouring out the moment I gave you my treasure
Kissing became a strange diseases to you.
I long to be kissed and caressed in the rain but you suddenly became a traditional African man


You’ve hurt me one, too many times.
Finding jewelry and attire of women became a routine
But I still came home-to our house
Sacrificing father-daughter trust to be with you… but no sign of gratitude
Sneaking from home in the wee hours-you picking me up in a taxi-
Only to leave me exposed to the harsh morning cold aboard a bodaboda

Do you have the slightest knowledge of the pain, lies and heartache I bore and said?
Yet here I am
Still talking about you to anyone who cares to listen or slightly pretends to

Four years down the line, memories still linger
Was my heart made to be broken?

We make-up and break-up as soon as we make-up, why?
Word have it that at long last you engaged her, the other one.
In your defense it’s just a rumour?
The smoke is too thick to ignore the fire

But I still love you.

Do you know me or what I like? No, you don’t Wuod Abandu
Do you know what a normal date looks like? Tell me coz I don’t know
Do you know the difference between love-making and sex? That, I know
Do you know what it means to treat me right? That too, I know
Do I have anything to show after four years? Yes-pain!

But here I am, poor Adebe, daughter of Omuga refusing to refuse you…


I spot the latest designer dresses in town, shoes alike.
My hair, always stylish and my shoes on point
I take a lot of time to look good just for you.
Your buddies complement,
But alas! Your English teacher didn’t teach you those words ’’you are beautiful”

You are employed, am a student. I pay my fare to your place.
Do you have any idea Mr Clueless?
If you don’t then known for free. Another man paid for it or I went hungry for days


Your ego inflates when I cried myself to sleep.
Baba watoto gulps his bottles of beer comfortably and affords a snore
How luckier can one be?
You rejoice in my mystery.

You make wish I were a boy


I don’t want this no more

I want me back

Let me be Jamwa

Let go off me Jabukusu

Nya-mumbo has loved you enough...........

No comments:

Post a Comment