Saturday 27 October 2012

What’s your message?




You use to floss me to your pals
Now you just toss me like a fifty kg bag of cement
Sometimes you avoid me as plague
Other times you embrace me like keg

A month ago we were the perfect sync
Dotting on each other like a hen fusses over the chick
Holding hands in public, texting all week
Missing each other immediately we hugged bye

You used to meet me coz u were in sheer awe
Now you do so out of utter owe
Do you want me to fight for you
Like rams over a ewe?

Ma heart races every time I see you
You still have that tight hold on me
Dangling both the carrot and the stick
Teasing my mind to click

Never for once having a fight
Just being each other’s light
Finding the flow, rolling on the floor
Whispering the promise of a grander tomorrow

How couldn’t have I seen this coming?
So engrossed that I swallowed the bait whole
Should have seen the subtle hints
And taken the opportunity to scuttle our bond

It wasn’t rocket science
That my docket in the alliance was untenable
Should have seen the writing on the wall
The moment I hit the wrong gong

Oh my Esther, as sweet as an ester
Couldn’t you have padded my fall
Not to land from erect to eject
To wail over my tail which still ail


Mzee Varaq 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment