Monday 14 May 2012

Flying near the sun




You wrung my hands only to hung my heart
Smiled at me and piled me with hope
Made me dig
Even though you were out of my league

You flirted with me but filtered my heart
Dangled a carrot at a watching parrot
Ma heart smelt when I smelled you
Your scent sent me into trance

I buttered your heart only to get mine battered
In becoming your loyal cur I become your car
Hanging around running errands round you
Reciting any chore expecting to score

You just didn’t bit me a bit
Kicking is the reward I got from picking you
You shunned my sinister motives loving me only as a sister
I stuck with you when you just struck me

I emptied my pockets to fill my heart
You looted my coffers to get yourself loafers
A chance to glance at you is all I wanted
You put in me in a fridge even though I crossed many a bridge for you


Suitors with their pockets on the sockets is all that got your mortar running
Buyers of lockets is all your bias favored
You thus ducked the empty duct in front of you
I just hope you r self is safe with your new safe

Mzee Varaq
My poems
mzee-varaq@blogspot.com








No comments:

Post a Comment