Monday 17 October 2011

Did I deserve this?




You assured me you were mine forever
You promised me the stars
Guaranteed me only happiness
In the end it’s a broken heart that I got

How could you?
Why did you?
Questions swirl in my mind
No answers forthcoming

My life was just fin e before you come
I dint have goose bumps but it was ok
Dint know what exhilaration was
But I never minded

Does it bother me one bit?
No it doesn’t
Am fine, see
No traces of blood in my body




I dint ask you to promise
Hell’ I even asked you not to
But you won’t listen
You were consumed by love you said

If it razed you down
I can’t really tell
No ashes to sprinkle
All memories condensed into one big ball in my heart

All I do now is to interrogate myself
What if we never met?
What if I were a better man?
What if u never left?

And am back where I started
No answers; just questions begetting questions
You looked me straight in the eyes and lied
But it does not bother me

Am a very strong man, see?
I got huge muscles that men fear and women look in awe
Am an Olympic boxing champion for heaven’s sake
I can’t cry

Who am I kidding?
The heart knows no muscles
Heartache respects no champions
And I ask myself, did I deserve this




Mzee Varaq
(My poems)

No comments:

Post a Comment